Saturday, July 10, 2010

Small Space Gardening

I am always being asked how to grow a garden in a urban area.Only answer I can give is grow what you can.Depends on how much space you have,and how much your willing to do.Where I am right now the home owner association has a cow if they can see a tomato plant from the road.So right now I only have a three pepper plants, some tomatos and a few potatos,I just keep the peppers and tomatos in pots on the back porch,move them out in the sun on most days.Potatos I am growing in some trash cans placed by the back fence.
In the house I always keep herbs growing(When the cats don't eat them),have a peach tree in the yard.Thinking about putting out a few berry bushes in the side yard.
You need to check out the folks over at http://urbanhomestead.org/ their yard produces over 350 varieties of edible and purposeful plants. They’ve got solar panels, solar oven, cob oven, chickens, ducks, goats, and a biodiesel processor.

The Ferret

No comments:

Post a Comment